The Administration and Faculty reserve the right to discipline students who, by their lack of responsibility or unacceptable behavior, infringe upon the rights of others in the school community. For the purpose of maintaining a well-ordered and safe environment the following guidelines must be adhered to:
1. When changing classes and walking through halls, students are to maintain an atmosphere of quiet.
2. Students may not eat in school except during lunchtime, snack time, and class parties Gum chewing is not permitted.
3. The sale of any items among students (other than school supervised) is strictly forbidden.
4. Students may not go to Burger King/Taco Bell, etc. IN UNIFORM! nor may they change their clothes in school or in the aforementioned places.
5. ANY INSTANCES OF CHEATING MAY RESULT IN A ZERO GRADE. THE STUDENT WILL BE SENT TO THE PRINCIPAL AND THE PARENTS CONTACTED IMMEDIATELY.
6. STUDENTS AND/OR PARENTS MAY NOT GO TO THE CLASSROOMS DURING THE DAY AND AFTER DISMISSAL WITHOUT PRINCIPAL’S PERMISSION.
7. DRUGS, ALCOHOL, SMOKING, FIGHTING, PROFANITY, VERBAL ABUSE, AND DEFACING PROPERTY OF ANY KIND ARE PROHIBITED AT ALL TIMES.
8. ANY THREAtS OR ACTS DEEMED TO BE MENANCING OR VIOLENT NATURE BY A STUDENT TOWARD ANOTHER STUDENT, FACULTY MEMBER, STAFF MEMBER, AND/OR VOLUNTEER, MAY RESULT IN SUSPENSION AND/OR EXPULSION.
Detention is the detaining of a student after school for infractions of school regulations of discipline. Parents will be notified in writing of the date of the detention. This slip must be signed by the parent and returned. Repeated detentions may result in the following consequences: loss of privileges, school service activity, suspension, and/or expulsion.
Pink Slip Behavior Detention - carries through the year. (K-8)
Green Slip Homework Detention - clean slate for each new trimester. (2-8)
Yellow Slip Out of Uniform Detention - clean slate for each new trimester. (K-8)
Blue Slip Unprepared Detention (includes lateness)- clean slate for each new trimester. (K-8)
2nd Detention: Phone conference with parent and teacher.
3rd Detention: Separation during lunchtime for one week and conference with parents, teacher, and principal.
4th Detention: In-school suspension and conference with parent, teacher, and principal.
5th Detention: Conference with parents, teacher, pastor, and principal to determine consequences and a plan of action.