1. Notice of Physical Examination documentation is mandated upon admission to the school as a new student and for Grades K, 2, 4, 和7. Parent(s) and guardians are encour年龄d to have students examined by their own family physician; otherwise the student will be scheduled to be examined by the school physician as mandated by state law.
2. First aid is ONLY provided for students and staff members who have an accident or become ill during the school day. It is then the parents’ responsibility to care for their child.
3. Vision and hearing screenings are performed for new students and Gr. K, 1, 2 (vision) and 3, 5, 7. Kindergarten students are given a color perception test. Abnormal results are reported to the parent(s)/guardians.
4. Children in the 5th through 8th grades are screened annually for scoliosis (lateral curvature of the spine). Screenings are performed by school nurses and re-screenings performed by the school physician when indicated.
5. Any time a child is required, by a physician, to take medication during school hours, a school medication administration form, and the medication are to be submitted to the health office. Medication administration forms may be obtained from the school nurse. Parent(s) must bring medication in original prescription bottle. Children are NOT permitted to carry any kind of medication with them in school unless prescribed by a physician; the nurse must be informed.
6. Any Student with a plaster cast and/or on crutches must have written permission by the physician to attend school. This permission notice is to be given to the school nurse when the student returns to school. Failure to comply with this regulation may necessitate exclusion from school until the permission notice is received by the school nurse.