In order to provide maximum security for the children, the following guidelines have been established:
1. Anyone entering the building must do so through the front entrance and report to the main office.
2. No one is to prop open doors for any reason.
3. No one is to knock on side or back doors expecting students or teachers to open the door.
4. No visitor is to go to the classroom without the permission of the Main Office.
5. Fire drills are conducted frequently.
The following measures will be followed as necessary:
1. Evacuation with Buses - follow regular dismissal procedure
2. Internal Evacuation - children will be directed to alternate areas of the building as determined by the principal.
3. Lockdown - when announced, all classroom doors are locked; students are not permitted in or out of the classroom; shades are drawn, and students have moved away from the windows. All doors of the building are locked and no one is permitted into the building. Lockdown remains in effect until a “safe-building” is announced.